As more and more people decide on less traditional settings for their weddings, an outdoor wedding in the woods has grown in popularity over the years. Usually set on beautiful camping grounds, lodges, or open woods, these venues provide a perfect, romantic backdrop to some wonderful decorating trends. Here are 6 of some of our favorite woodsy wedding trendsthat will help you recreate your own midsummer night’s dream.
- Fairy lights and candles. Fairy lights in white, yellow, and pale blue tints can give the wedding venue the perfect woodsy atmosphere, especially for a reception outside. Wrapped around trees, trellises, or tents, these lights can easily be paired with larger paper lantern lights for visibility and decor. They also go well with carefully set candle lights on table wreaths for great romantic lighting for an ethereal effect.
- A “Family Tree.” A tree decorated with portraits of family and friends can add a personal touch that promotes unity among the married families. Small photos hung in wooden frames can add an elegant yet rustic look. Attendees can even enhance the tree using a Polaroid photo booth, where family and friends can hang their own instant pictures on the tree itself.
- Coffee and tea bars. There’s something rustic and homey about coffee that lends itself well to woodland scents. A coffee bar fitted with pour-over Chemex brews or French presses–both just utilizing hot water–reduces the amount of technology at the bar that fits well with the woodsy, natural feel. Loose leaf tea brewed in glass tea kettles also add beautiful, rustic looks to the table.
- Natural, eclectic seating. Seating trends are moving towards natural pieces, such as wood-backed seats and long, rectangular tables for grouped seating. In addition, you might not see the same pieces replicated at every table: plates can be mixed and matched, glassware can all be different–the eclectic look gives a sense of fun and spontaneity perfect for a woodland party. To give a sense of unity, tablecloths, centerpieces, or floral tresses backing the chairs can be identical or similar in a shared color palette.
- Reclaimed wood pieces all around. A hot trend in weddings involve integrating tree cross-cuts as a natural, woody motif. Tree limb coasters or placemats are popular, as well as tree stumps initialed with the couple’s names or heartsare used as a decorative element. A cross-cut limb can also be used as a cake stand, and a hollowed out log can hold a glass vase for beautiful flower bouquets to be set around the venue.
- Natural and textured fabrics. Bring in nature through clothing and fabrics to match up with the rest of the setting. For men, a tweed or corduroy piece suit can blend in with the woodsy palette due to their natural colors and textures. Or, a light worsted wool suit can also be matched to fit the theme.
A woodsy-inspired wedding holds a lot of natural potential for a beautiful wedding. Consider these 5 ideas for your natural setting, or see some more ideas.
For both him and her. Grooms, brides and men and women of all types, I introduce the worlds most effective and affordable beauty food.
There are a lot of do’s and don’ts for suspender use, and some reasons they have staying power, literally. First suspenders should not be worn with a belt because it just looks bad and is a fashion faux pas. Second suspenders should be worn with fitted pants, they shouldn’t be too loose in order to keep a crisp look. Third it is important to adjust the suspenders so the pants are not too high or too low. Keep your pants between your hips and navel.
Reasons why suspenders have staying power include:
1. Suspenders add a unique style, whether you are going for a rustic, bohemian or woodsy look, suspenders can help you achieve that. Also adding a bow-tie which is trending right now adds a lot of interest to the style.
2. Suspenders are one size and can be easily adjusted. Belts get worn out and warped and only fit one size. Suspenders offer value in they’re durability and versatility.
3. Suspenders add comfort and support for your back. They support your posture by causing you to stand more erect. I have found that I am more aware of how I am standing and sitting while wearing suspenders.
4. The patterns, styles and materials for suspenders are endless. Whether it be leather, or tweed, canvass or elastic. Suspenders offer a great need in fashion.
If you are ready to stand out, then suspenders are definitely for you. Wearing them properly can help you make the right statement.
Most brides and groom spend a great deal of time, energy and sometimes their own money to find a great wedding photographer. Everyone wants fantastic pictures. But it’s not all up to the wedding photographer! Even if you have a talented wedding photographer, if you don’t know how to pose for your portraits, it can make your pictures turn out less than optimal.
Yes, handsome groom. But also says ‘deer in headlights’!
Now let’s take a moment and think– what is the first thing that people look at on another person’s face? If you instantly thought EYES, that’s right. The eyes really are the windows to the soul, and they are the most important representation of you. You can control the way your eyes represent you, and this is important because many times in pictures, people have a deer in the headlights look, which is not a representation of their true self, but there it is anyway, etched in posterity. Or women will often try to make their eyes look bigger for the photo (men too) by widening them. This does not help to turn out a natural and beautiful shot! We’ll show you what to do instead with the help of a genius YouTube video, and you can see our results below.
We discovered this YouTube trick from a man who takes photos of models for a living. This video is a little long, but it’s worth watching at least for the first few examples to truly understand why better pictures involve his technique. He coined the term “squinching”. And we’ve been using it ever since we heard it for our modeled photography. It works! Every good sqinch makes a great picture. When we forget to squinch…not so great.
This is different than squinting, as Peter Hurley will explain. This is really a pro tip, that’s why we’re passing it on to brides and grooms.
So, now that you’ve watched at least the first few minutes of the video to get some examples, we’ll show you our after squinch shot. Doesn’t it have a lot more interest?
Subtle but much more interesting shot, don’t you think?
The 3 piece suit is super versatile and gives several suit styles in one. Of course, all three pieces can be worn together which is the traditional look. Take off the jacket for a less dressed up look, and wear just the vest and pants which have become very popular with both wedding groomsmen as well as the groom.
Lose the vest and wear the jacket and pants for a standard two piece suit. If we change out the pants for another pair of dress pants or even jeans for a more casual look.
Because of it’s versatility, this is a powerful staple for any man’s closet, and especially if you don’t wear suits a lot. It can give a lot of bang for the price of one suit.