1. Wool scarf. Take basic jeans and sweater, or even a basic work suit and throw on a worsted wool fisherman’s knit scarf. Instant texture, warmth as well as upping the interest factor x10! See this mens 100% wool scarf, made in USA. It looks especially awesome with boots and jeans.
2. Tweed….well, anything. Add some oomph to your look with a tweed cap, tweed blazer, or my favorite, a tweed tie. The most affordable of these options is definitely the tweed cap, and newsboys are back for all ages this fall. Check out this look.
3. Tie bars. If you suit up for work, this is an often overlooked asset that can set you apart as the sharpest dresser in the room. Check out this steampunk piece that was in Italian Vogue– great watch movement piece with a lot of character, and not just for steampunkers. On a low key navy suit with silk tie, it really stands out and adds quick texture. We’ve also got these palladium plated circuit board tie bars if your especially ‘interesting’. Though they are covered in a smooth shellac, the interest and texture shines through. These are both legacy pieces, and actually aren’t too cheap.
4. Grab a vintage blazer. We mentioned tweed blazers above, and this is a really key piece to a textured and character filled fall. You can layer in a plaid shirt, sweater vest, tie or not, and a vintage tweed blazer looks exceptional. There are a lot of subtle features in throwback suiting that have a lot of interest– spread button cuffs, longer vents, extra wide lapels (or extra thin), all depending on the era.
5. Cork. This is a new addition to our accessories line up this fall for a couple of reasons. It’s sustainable, and we found an amazing manufacturer that produces canvas, cork and leather bags right out of San Francisco! Weekender or catch all bag, dopp bag (some oldies call it ditty), as well as a cork wallet option can really add some complexity to your wardrobe and routine.