Your sense in style as a groom might not be one of the many reasons why your other half chose you, but that should never be an excuse for you not to stress on choosing the best wedding suit on your special day. Here at Modlines, we shall teach you some crucial tips on your wedding.
Why Ever Bother? Why Vintage Wedding Suits?
You have to remember that the wedding isn’t just a ceremony. We know that you feel it is special for both of you. But even if you are a guy and you don’t have the natural inclination to spend much time on the men’s suits that you wear, we still think that you should still do your best to be as intricate as possible on this occasion. Why? Because your wedding day is the time that you exchange your vow with your other half- a symbolic show and culmination of commitment that both of you have shared for the past years. It is the start of a much deeper relationship and you ought to give much respect not just to your wife but to her parents, friends and all other people who have invested their emotion and trust towards you. It isn’t just all about respecting the event- it is all about feeling the heavy responsibility that you are going to go through and with it comes an opportunity for you to show perhaps how eager you are to give your all in that responsibility and commitment.
And after all, your children and grandchildren would later see your wedding photos- wouldn’t you want to really make them feel how committed you were by that moment by going all your way just to choose a special wedding suit?
But when it comes to commitments and show of the degree of responsibility, nothing beats vintage wedding suits. Vintage suits symbolize deep respect and formality as our history suggests. It represents how your commitment transcends beyond time. Vintage suits carry with them a message that your commitment is just like the style of your suit- something that never fades and out of context even if decades of changes pass by both of you.
It’s All about the Measurements
The next thing that you have to consider as a groom is to look sharp and smart in your wedding. The key towards achieving that is for you to suit up with something that fits well with your body. If you are tall and thin then you wouldn’t have a problem with this since almost all men’s suits are well made for this frame. If you are however a bit bulkier, then a double-breasted one will add bulk to your suit. You also need to choose dark colored suits that will slim you down. If you are a bit short, then choose a three-button jacket or something that has a low-button in order to provide the illusion of you being a bit taller.
I addition, here are some of the things that you also have to look for in your 3-piece suit:
- Your jacket sleeve should be at your wrist bone. And a quarter inch to even half of an inch should be exposed in the shirt cuff right below the sleeve.
- The bottom of the jacket should never completely cover the butt.
- Your collar should not have any gaps or bulges plus you should feel comfortable with it and not too tight.
- You pants should not be too long nor too short. You can test this out by constantly sitting and then standing. If you feel that it is too tight if you sit, then you better choose another one.
As more and more people decide on less traditional settings for their weddings, an outdoor wedding in the woods has grown in popularity over the years. Usually set on beautiful camping grounds, lodges, or open woods, these venues provide a perfect, romantic backdrop to some wonderful decorating trends. Here are 6 of some of our favorite woodsy wedding trendsthat will help you recreate your own midsummer night’s dream.
- Fairy lights and candles. Fairy lights in white, yellow, and pale blue tints can give the wedding venue the perfect woodsy atmosphere, especially for a reception outside. Wrapped around trees, trellises, or tents, these lights can easily be paired with larger paper lantern lights for visibility and decor. They also go well with carefully set candle lights on table wreaths for great romantic lighting for an ethereal effect.
- A “Family Tree.” A tree decorated with portraits of family and friends can add a personal touch that promotes unity among the married families. Small photos hung in wooden frames can add an elegant yet rustic look. Attendees can even enhance the tree using a Polaroid photo booth, where family and friends can hang their own instant pictures on the tree itself.
- Coffee and tea bars. There’s something rustic and homey about coffee that lends itself well to woodland scents. A coffee bar fitted with pour-over Chemex brews or French presses–both just utilizing hot water–reduces the amount of technology at the bar that fits well with the woodsy, natural feel. Loose leaf tea brewed in glass tea kettles also add beautiful, rustic looks to the table.
- Natural, eclectic seating. Seating trends are moving towards natural pieces, such as wood-backed seats and long, rectangular tables for grouped seating. In addition, you might not see the same pieces replicated at every table: plates can be mixed and matched, glassware can all be different–the eclectic look gives a sense of fun and spontaneity perfect for a woodland party. To give a sense of unity, tablecloths, centerpieces, or floral tresses backing the chairs can be identical or similar in a shared color palette.
- Reclaimed wood pieces all around. A hot trend in weddings involve integrating tree cross-cuts as a natural, woody motif. Tree limb coasters or placemats are popular, as well as tree stumps initialed with the couple’s names or heartsare used as a decorative element. A cross-cut limb can also be used as a cake stand, and a hollowed out log can hold a glass vase for beautiful flower bouquets to be set around the venue.
- Natural and textured fabrics. Bring in nature through clothing and fabrics to match up with the rest of the setting. For men, a tweed or corduroy piece suit can blend in with the woodsy palette due to their natural colors and textures. Or, a light worsted wool suit can also be matched to fit the theme.
A woodsy-inspired wedding holds a lot of natural potential for a beautiful wedding. Consider these 5 ideas for your natural setting, or see some more ideas.
Most brides and groom spend a great deal of time, energy and sometimes their own money to find a great wedding photographer. Everyone wants fantastic pictures. But it’s not all up to the wedding photographer! Even if you have a talented wedding photographer, if you don’t know how to pose for your portraits, it can make your pictures turn out less than optimal.
Yes, handsome groom. But also says ‘deer in headlights’!
Now let’s take a moment and think– what is the first thing that people look at on another person’s face? If you instantly thought EYES, that’s right. The eyes really are the windows to the soul, and they are the most important representation of you. You can control the way your eyes represent you, and this is important because many times in pictures, people have a deer in the headlights look, which is not a representation of their true self, but there it is anyway, etched in posterity. Or women will often try to make their eyes look bigger for the photo (men too) by widening them. This does not help to turn out a natural and beautiful shot! We’ll show you what to do instead with the help of a genius YouTube video, and you can see our results below.
We discovered this YouTube trick from a man who takes photos of models for a living. This video is a little long, but it’s worth watching at least for the first few examples to truly understand why better pictures involve his technique. He coined the term “squinching”. And we’ve been using it ever since we heard it for our modeled photography. It works! Every good sqinch makes a great picture. When we forget to squinch…not so great.
This is different than squinting, as Peter Hurley will explain. This is really a pro tip, that’s why we’re passing it on to brides and grooms.
So, now that you’ve watched at least the first few minutes of the video to get some examples, we’ll show you our after squinch shot. Doesn’t it have a lot more interest?
Subtle but much more interesting shot, don’t you think?
Watch this video for a short intro on collar stays. If you wear dress shirts, you really should at least consider getting a pair, we’ve got very inexpensive magnetic collar stays that are rockin. Watch for an odd lip curl at ‘intense scrutiny’ that would make body language specialists horrified.
The following post was written for the readers we have who are starting a new life in a married relationship or are already married. Starting a business with your spouse can be a very rewarding and amazing experience, but there are some rules to follow if you want to be a successful entrepreneur with your significant other.
1. If you are already in a tense and stressful relationship – Don’t Do It!
- Working together is not therapeutic and is intensely stressful.
2. Know who will be in charge.
- Someone will ultimately need to make final decisions. So having this clarified at the beginning will help eliminate confusion later.
3. Write down your responsibilities.
- Make sure they are clear and separate.
4. Set a schedule and stick to it.
- Keep each other accountable for the time at work each day.
5. Separate your personal life and feelings during business hours.
- Keeping boundaries will help erase any gray areas between the business and the home.
6. Communicate with each other.
- Let each other know what your goals are for each day.
7. Make sure your goals and visions for the business line up.
- Like in marriage, before starting the business know where you want to go and that you have the same goals.
8. Get away with each other.
- Plan time out not talking about the business, but enjoying each other.
9. Get away from each other.
- Plan alone time, being together 24 hours a day can create tension.
10. Encourage each other and enjoy the journey.
- Nothing is more important than your spouse and your family, including your business.
The DISC is one of the best tools to help quickly decipher a person’s strengths and dominant areas. It usually costs a few hundred dollars, but you can take it several places for FREE. I don’t know anyone who has taken it for the first time and not learned something incredibly useful about themselves. For me it changed my life and my business, and gave me permission to be my best in what I was made for, instead of where I currently was positioned.
It has helped us with hiring as well as with finding out which responsibilities to give to current team members. Gain insight by using this test and save a lot of time and money by knowing yourself and what you are made for. Most of all, you can find much greater satisfaction in life when doing something every day that closely aligns with your personal strengths.
If your struggling with employment or position, check it out, I think you will find it one of the most worthwhile career tools you’ll see this year. We receive no kickback from Tony Robbins, it’s just the site we use that has the free DISC.