Your groomsman’s fashion skills might be as poor as you, but he has come all the way just to choose the best men’s wedding dress, rented a tuxedo and even conjured the nicest toast he can ever think for you. This man has walked an extra mile just for you- he definitely needs a gift that is well thought of by you. Perhaps it’s time for you to recognize his efforts, after all he did everything for you through all these years. Continue reading
Wedding photographer Tyler Rye recently shared a lovely desert wedding inspiration shoot on his blog that was also published in Southern Utah Bride Magazine. The groom made a striking impression in a jacket by ModLines. The Cordifornia design beautifully complemented the desert backdrop and made for a particularly memorable element of this shoot.
The Monkey Suit Vintage original demonstrates yet again the versatility of an individualistic and high quality suit. The deep coffee color fits in perfectly with a desert’s natural palette. And the corduroy material can’t help but seem like an excellent choice of fabric- its smooth yet rustic feel juxtaposed with a desert’s often rough terrain and features, and at the same time matching the down-to-earth luxury of the day.
The jacket’s slim fit cut with a modern length makes for a complexity that’s timeless. The look is classic, with several gentlemanly touches, such as the buttons on the cuffs. As you’ve come to expect from ModLines, however, it’s not at all stuffy, and is easily adaptable to one’s own sense of style.
Take a look at this inspiration shoot, and it’s clear that the groom’s wedding attire is consistent with all the other expressive elements of the day. The Cordifornia suit, as well as the wide selection of others we have available, would outfit the groom and/or groomsmen superbly for a variety of wedding themes.
ABC News Lifestyle has an article on trend predictions for 2015 weddings, and reports that experts say that rustic weddings are on the rise. For yours, why not put your handsome look together with the help of ModLines? You’ll be all set for your special day- at the lake, woods, lodge, mountaintop, desert…wherever!
As more and more people decide on less traditional settings for their weddings, an outdoor wedding in the woods has grown in popularity over the years. Usually set on beautiful camping grounds, lodges, or open woods, these venues provide a perfect, romantic backdrop to some wonderful decorating trends. Here are 6 of some of our favorite woodsy wedding trendsthat will help you recreate your own midsummer night’s dream.
- Fairy lights and candles. Fairy lights in white, yellow, and pale blue tints can give the wedding venue the perfect woodsy atmosphere, especially for a reception outside. Wrapped around trees, trellises, or tents, these lights can easily be paired with larger paper lantern lights for visibility and decor. They also go well with carefully set candle lights on table wreaths for great romantic lighting for an ethereal effect.
- A “Family Tree.” A tree decorated with portraits of family and friends can add a personal touch that promotes unity among the married families. Small photos hung in wooden frames can add an elegant yet rustic look. Attendees can even enhance the tree using a Polaroid photo booth, where family and friends can hang their own instant pictures on the tree itself.
- Coffee and tea bars. There’s something rustic and homey about coffee that lends itself well to woodland scents. A coffee bar fitted with pour-over Chemex brews or French presses–both just utilizing hot water–reduces the amount of technology at the bar that fits well with the woodsy, natural feel. Loose leaf tea brewed in glass tea kettles also add beautiful, rustic looks to the table.
- Natural, eclectic seating. Seating trends are moving towards natural pieces, such as wood-backed seats and long, rectangular tables for grouped seating. In addition, you might not see the same pieces replicated at every table: plates can be mixed and matched, glassware can all be different–the eclectic look gives a sense of fun and spontaneity perfect for a woodland party. To give a sense of unity, tablecloths, centerpieces, or floral tresses backing the chairs can be identical or similar in a shared color palette.
- Reclaimed wood pieces all around. A hot trend in weddings involve integrating tree cross-cuts as a natural, woody motif. Tree limb coasters or placemats are popular, as well as tree stumps initialed with the couple’s names or heartsare used as a decorative element. A cross-cut limb can also be used as a cake stand, and a hollowed out log can hold a glass vase for beautiful flower bouquets to be set around the venue.
- Natural and textured fabrics. Bring in nature through clothing and fabrics to match up with the rest of the setting. For men, a tweed or corduroy piece suit can blend in with the woodsy palette due to their natural colors and textures. Or, a light worsted wool suit can also be matched to fit the theme.
A woodsy-inspired wedding holds a lot of natural potential for a beautiful wedding. Consider these 5 ideas for your natural setting, or see some more ideas.
There are a lot of do’s and don’ts for suspender use, and some reasons they have staying power, literally. First suspenders should not be worn with a belt because it just looks bad and is a fashion faux pas. Second suspenders should be worn with fitted pants, they shouldn’t be too loose in order to keep a crisp look. Third it is important to adjust the suspenders so the pants are not too high or too low. Keep your pants between your hips and navel.
1. Suspenders add a unique style, whether you are going for a rustic, bohemian or woodsy look, suspenders can help you achieve that. Also adding a bow-tie which is trending right now adds a lot of interest to the style.
2. Suspenders are one size and can be easily adjusted. Belts get worn out and warped and only fit one size. Suspenders offer value in they’re durability and versatility.
3. Suspenders add comfort and support for your back. They support your posture by causing you to stand more erect. I have found that I am more aware of how I am standing and sitting while wearing suspenders.
4. The patterns, styles and materials for suspenders are endless. Whether it be leather, or tweed, canvass or elastic. Suspenders offer a great need in fashion.
If you are ready to stand out, then suspenders are definitely for you. Wearing them properly can help you make the right statement.
Most brides and groom spend a great deal of time, energy and sometimes their own money to find a great wedding photographer. Everyone wants fantastic pictures. But it’s not all up to the wedding photographer! Even if you have a talented wedding photographer, if you don’t know how to pose for your portraits, it can make your pictures turn out less than optimal.
Now let’s take a moment and think– what is the first thing that people look at on another person’s face? If you instantly thought EYES, that’s right. The eyes really are the windows to the soul, and they are the most important representation of you. You can control the way your eyes represent you, and this is important because many times in pictures, people have a deer in the headlights look, which is not a representation of their true self, but there it is anyway, etched in posterity. Or women will often try to make their eyes look bigger for the photo (men too) by widening them. This does not help to turn out a natural and beautiful shot! We’ll show you what to do instead with the help of a genius YouTube video, and you can see our results below.
We discovered this YouTube trick from a man who takes photos of models for a living. This video is a little long, but it’s worth watching at least for the first few examples to truly understand why better pictures involve his technique. He coined the term “squinching”. And we’ve been using it ever since we heard it for our modeled photography. It works! Every good sqinch makes a great picture. When we forget to squinch…not so great.
This is different than squinting, as Peter Hurley will explain. This is really a pro tip, that’s why we’re passing it on to brides and grooms.
So, now that you’ve watched at least the first few minutes of the video to get some examples, we’ll show you our after squinch shot. Doesn’t it have a lot more interest?
AnnaLisa + Rory » Destination Wedding Photographer, from Love is a Big Deal.
The following post was written for the readers we have who are starting a new life in a married relationship or are already married. Starting a business with your spouse can be a very rewarding and amazing experience, but there are some rules to follow if you want to be a successful entrepreneur with your significant other.
1. If you are already in a tense and stressful relationship – Don’t Do It!
- Working together is not therapeutic and is intensely stressful.
2. Know who will be in charge.
- Someone will ultimately need to make final decisions. So having this clarified at the beginning will help eliminate confusion later.
3. Write down your responsibilities.
- Make sure they are clear and separate.
4. Set a schedule and stick to it.
- Keep each other accountable for the time at work each day.
5. Separate your personal life and feelings during business hours.
- Keeping boundaries will help erase any gray areas between the business and the home.
6. Communicate with each other.
- Let each other know what your goals are for each day.
7. Make sure your goals and visions for the business line up.
- Like in marriage, before starting the business know where you want to go and that you have the same goals.
8. Get away with each other.
- Plan time out not talking about the business, but enjoying each other.
9. Get away from each other.
- Plan alone time, being together 24 hours a day can create tension.
10. Encourage each other and enjoy the journey.
- Nothing is more important than your spouse and your family, including your business.
These cuff links are absolutely amazing. After being featured in Italian Vogue Bridal Edition, we knew we had to offer them to our customers.
These genuine vintage watch movement cuff links have stunning intricacy and are posted on Sterling silver plated base. We also offer them on tie bars or tie pins for a great matching choice.
These are a fantastic gift even for the most hard-to-buy-for, and make a great groom or groomsmen gift.
These beauties come in a lovely velvet hardshell case for safekeeping.
I wanted to write about suit trends in this post, then couldn’t stop thinking about this beautiful blog post over at a new site I just found– WeddingPartyApp.com. I don’t work for them, though it sounds like it, its just a really cool site. I wonder what the app is like. Let me know if you’ve used it, would love to know the features.
Here is their original blog post about 2014 wedding suit trends, includes a few lines about going into fall and winter. But basically, to sum it up, fall and winter is often full of middle gray to dark gray colors, and I have to add, brown looks awesome for an October to November wedding. <—-There are so many great shades of brown to choose from, one of my favorites our company had made into a corduroy suit for the upcoming fall/winter wedding season.
We sell wedding suits, but we happen to know a lot about nutrition. For brides and grooms planning a wedding, here are some great tips to get you on the road to health for life. Also great for best man or anyone in wedding party who want to slim down before they stand up with their friend.
Of course I have to say first- consult a Dr. We have been studying the correlation between disease and diet almost every day for four years. We have learned a lot about weight loss along the way. We have found the quickest way to get rid of minor ailments (like acid reflux!) and get on the right track to kick major ones is to have a green smoothie every day. This really works. Just FILL blender with organic greens, add a little water and blend. Then add a frozen banana or half if your used to things being not too sweet (break it into chunks before freezing). You can add variety by putting in apple chunks and ginger, or a peeled orange and peaches, all types of frozen fruit taste good. Blend once again after the fruit addition and your all set. We use a Blendtec, but Vitamix works just the same. The average cheap blender will last for about 1-2 months of this type of smoothie before retiring itself. This really only takes about 5 minutes, and it tastes great and will help with so many things, including weight loss.
If you combine this with eliminating grains and sugar, you can lose a LOT of weight in just a few months. This sounds difficult but if the people who live with you get on board, it really isn’t such a tough change. Matt is the owner of Monkey Suit Vintage and has lost 40 pounds in the last 6 months. It has been from eliminating sugar and grains and instead eating desserts with honey. He still eats a lot of desserts. Just Google paleo recipe and you’ll find plenty of ideas that appeal to you. One of the biggest things to eat at lunch instead of bread and packaged foods would be buttered vegetables with real butter. In our experience, increasing animal fat and milk fat actually reduces cholesterol, reduce blood pressure and greatly decrease inflammation. Matt had crazy high blood pressure and labored breathing. He now has perfect health and at 6’2″ went from 238 to 199 lbs. It doesn’t mean you can’t eat great food, it just means changing your perspective to eat more like your mama/grandmama cooked. Meat, buttered vegetables and small portions of buttered potatos. Just bust out the crock pot if you hate the kitchen. It’s worth it and it works!! (They say you should consult a Dr first, I am not a Dr.)
What have you experienced with diet, weight loss and health?